As bridal shower and wedding invites begin to flood your inboxes this summer, we suggest that you start your shopping early to ensure you find the happy couple the perfect gift to celebrate their special day. When hunting for a shower gift that will wow the bride-to-be, try thinking outside the box and get the blushing bride something a little more personal, something you know she will use and love. Sure, you can't go wrong with giving her a gift off of her registry but finding something that is unique, thoughtful and perfectly suited for the bride is sure to stand out amongst the sea of gifts she will receive at her shower.
Leave the generic gifts to the bride's elderly relatives and opt for something that you would want to recieve yourself. There are plenty of cheesy looking frames or other bridal nic-nacs out there but that doesn't mean your bride wants them! A good rule of thumb is to either stick to the registry or find a useful gift she will use in her new home, on her honeymoon or on her wedding day. We have put together a list of 6 items that any bride would absolutely love to receive at her bridal shower and all at an affordable price. Shop our top picks below!
1. Robe: Eberjey // 2. Beach Bag: Miami Carry All // 3. Bikini: Marysia // 4. Personalized Pillows: Alexander Ferguson // 5. Lingerie: Eberjey // 6. Garter: Hanky Panky
1. Robe: Pick out a cute robe that the bride can wear on her wedding day. It will come in handy while getting her makeup and hair done on her big day and will be perfect for photo ops. She will also wear this robe long after the wedding day and will look back each time she wears it with fond memories.
2. Beach Bag: If your bride to be is headed somewhere tropical on her honeymoon, think about giving her a honeymoon inspired gift. Buy a fun beach bag an fill it with towels, sunscreen and maybe even a new bikini!
3. Bikini: Going with the honeymoon theme, find a binkini that you know that she will love and get great use out of while relaxing in paradise. White is always a great option for new brides as well!
4.Personalized Pillows: Get personal and have a meaningful message monogrammed on a pillow that they can put on their bed or in their living room. We love these pillows by Alexander Ferguson because you can have pretty much anything you want monogrammed on the front.
5. Lingerie Set: No bridal shower is complete without giving the bride lingerie or sleepwear to enjoy on her honeymoon. There are so many options when it comes to selecting lingerie for the bride, so make sure you use her style and taste as a judge and also the type of party you are attending. If you plan to give her risqué lingerie, you might want to save that for the bachelorette party instead of embarrassing her in front of her new mother-in-law.
6. Garter: Every bride needs a garter to wear under her dress on the big day, so why not be the person to give it to her? Many people assume that the bride picks out her own garter, when in actuality she may have totally forgotten about it. Pick something that is fun but also fits your bride's style and personality.